Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day...

My kids started Mother's Day off with a wonderful gift... they slept-in until 9. This NEVER happens! They usually wake up somewhere between 6:30 and 7 so they were very kind to give me some much needed extra sleep on Mother's Day. Trevor helped me make breakfast and he even did the dishes. I got spoiled with gifts! Then we went to Trevor's parents to wish his mom a Happy Mother's Day, then to my mom's for dinner! It was a fantastic day!

I love Mother's Day... it is probably one of my favorite days of the year! I get to celebrate and honor the most amazing women in my life... my mother, mother in law, step mom, and grandmothers!!! I am so grateful for these women. They have all loved me and taught me how to become a better mother. Thank you for being such great examples. I love you all!!!!


I am so grateful to be a mother! It has been the most amazing gift I have ever recieved. I LOVE being a mom, especially Drake and Laynie's mom! They make me want to be a better person and make me feel important. I have the BEST husband that I get to share these two little children with! I couldn't be the mom I am without him!!! I feel so honored that Heavenly Father trusted me to raise and love these two little children. Nothing makes me happier than being a mother. I am thankful everyday for my children and for the blessings, lessons, happiness, faith, patience, hard times, and joy that they have brought to my life!!!

Drake wanted to show me how much he loves me, so he got a tatoo just for me on Mother's Day!


Trevor and his mom. Thank you Maureen for raising such a wonderful son. You are an amazing mother!!!
Laynie got her first taste of sugar! She must be my daughter, because she loved it. It was so cute to watch her taste a sucker. She kept sticking her tongue out for more. She hasn't had anything by mouth since she was 2 months old and probably won't for quite a while. She really enjoyed this!
Laynie playing with her Grandma



My mom is such a great example. She is so loving, selfless, kind, fun, and caring. I just love her so much and I am soooooooo blessed that she is my mom.

Me and my Grandma "Mammy". She is such a womderful grandma. She is funny, kind, and so sweet!

Me, Grandma Debbie, and Laynie


HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!!

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh my word! I LOVE Drakes tattoo! SO stinkin cute!! :) I'm glad you had a good mother's day! You deserve it! AND to get to sleep in!?

Molly said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!

Streett's said...

That tattoo cracks me up! I am so glad your day was great! Your kids are lucky to have you!

Heather Inns said...

What a great day for you.