Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What to do on a boring day???

Oh the joys of being bored. My mom used to always tell me that, "Only boring people get bored." I must be boring. The snow has just started to fall, but we are already ready for summer. We did have an afternoon filled with a fun coloring contest between myself, Drake, and Laynie. When I was little, my sisters and I would always have coloring contests and we would make my mom judge them. She would put a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd on our papers and tell us not to show each other. We would get our papers back and all 3 of us would be smirking and silently bragging that we got the 1st place. Then we realized that she put 1st place on all of them. I got really into those coloring contests and I always tried to get my mom to secretly tell me that I really won!!!
Laynie creating her masterpiece!!!
Drake actually painted instead of colored. He is catching on about staying in the lines!!!
The finished products..... You betcha I entered the contest. I gave myself 1st place too. Even though I won to two very small children, it still made my day better:)
Here is a close up of the mouth of Drake. When he was just learning to walk he chipped his front tooth so that is why they are different sizes. The dentist says they will start to spread out and straighten up since there is more room now!
Any tips, ideas, or secrets on what to do on a boring day???????

2 comments:

Mrs. Griffin said...

Make playdoh!
YOUTUBE videos...harrykindergarten channel: fun songs...
snuggle and movie watch
dance
create a sticker chart...

play!
xoxoxoxxo, they are so cute Calyn!

Molly said...

We love boring days at our house! I think coloring is a fabulous way to spend it. We also like to play a mean game of Candyland or Don't Spill the Beans!