Thursday, March 14, 2013

Appointments and greeny celebration

We had a trip to Primary Children's yesterday. Laynie had an appointment with the dysphasia clinic (trouble swallowing) where she sees a GI and dietician. Then she had an eye appointment. We were on extreme germ patrol since we are only 2 weeks away from her cochlear implant surgery and it seems to be a miracle if we get out of the hospital without her catching something nasty!!! She thinks if she pulls the canopy of her stroller over her head then she is safe. She is starting to know when we are in a doctors office and does NOT want us to get her out of her stroller. We don't mind though, because it guards her from germs as we are walking through the hallways!!!!

Her GI appointment went great. She is 23.9 lbs and 33 inches long. She is tiny, but doing okay proportionally. Like I said before, we were trying so hard to keep the germs away and then her GI doctor came in and shook our hands and wiped food away from her own mouth, then stuck her finger in Laynie's mouth. We were so shocked that we couldn't even say anything. Seriously, a doctor sticking an un-gloved finger in a medically fragile child's mouth without washing her hands???????? Urrrrgggg, it made us so mad and if Laynie gets sick we are totally blaming her.
Her eye appointment went well, but we had to wait for like 3 hours. Good thing Laynie is the best child in the whole wide world because we just walked back and forth, and back and forth for 3 hours (without letting her touch ANYTHING). She was happy the whole time and waited with a huge smile on her face, unlike Trevor and I!!!
The ophthalmologist said her vision is doing well. She is very far-sighted but that's okay for now. Her right eye is starting to turn outward so we will keep an eye on it. If it starts to do it more than 50% of the day then she will need surgery to correct it, but for now it is probably only doing it 10% of the day, so we will just wait and check it in another 6 months.

We decided we needed a little yummy dinner since our day was not so fun and we went to Tepanyakis!!! Our favorite place in the whole wide world!!! It was delicious and Laynie thought it was soooooooo cool. She was a hoot!!
Drake stayed with Grandma Maureen and had a very fun day. We are so thankful that he loves staying with grandma and that she is so willing to help us when we go to Salt Lake.
He had his St. Patrick's day celebration at school today. He wore green from head to toe, even in his hair:)

I had Drake stand here so I could take his picture and Laynie wanted to get in the picture. Drake was trying to push her away because it was "HIS St. Patrick's Day picture."
She kept pushing and started making him mad.......
"No Laynie I don't want to take a picture with you!!!"
I guess she won this battle!!! Gotta love sibling rivalry!!!

1 comment:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Oh my goodness! That it horrible, about the GI doctor! I would be so upset! I pray Laynie doesn't get sick! I love the last few pictures of Drake and Laynie. You can tell Laynie thinks the world of her big brother. So sweet!