I LOVE the 4th of July! It is definitely one of my favorite holidays! We started off our festivities the night before and did fireworks with our neighbors and family!!! The kids loved the sparklers and watching all the fireworks. Laynie was asleep so she didn't get to see them, but I was determined to make it to the BIG fireworks this year to let our kids see them!!!
In the morning we made it to the parade. Laynie LOVED the parade. She sat and waved her flag the whole entire time. Whenever she would see a horse she would sign horse until it was out of view. It was pretty cute.
After the parade we had a delicious BBQ at Trevor's parent's house and went swimming in their pool. It was a super hot day so it was fun to swim in the pool.
Our fireworks show rated #2 in the country this year, which is soooooo amazing considering our town is pretty small. Our fireworks never disappoint. We haven't been since Laynie was born because she is always asleep and has to be on a ventilator while she is sleeping. She had a nap this year so she was able to make it. Drake was super tired from swimming and playing all day so he fell asleep before the fireworks started. This year was a little different because there was a tragedy right before the fireworks started. A group of kids were swimming in the river and one of the guys didn't make it out. There was a search and rescue team searching for him which delayed the fireworks an hour. They found him, but he didn't survive. I felt so bad, and pray for his family. We watched the fireworks with our friends ( the Halls) on the roof of Branden's work. Laynie was the only party animal that stayed awake the whole time. She has never been out that late, but she sure had a great time.
I am so lucky and thankful to live in this country!!! I know I don't even realize how lucky we are to have freedom. A missionary from China talked at our church last Sunday and she is only the 9th missionary to ever come from China. She said that she meets in a home for church and she has to pretend she doesn't know any of the other people if she sees them anywhere. She says if they get caught practicing another religion then they will go to prison. It just really made me realize how wonderful freedom is and how awesome our country is!!! Thank you to everyone that serves and fights for our country.
There ain't no doubt I love this land, God bless the USA!!!!!!!!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment