
Dear Laynie,
I can't even believe that you are 3!!!! It is crazy that you are growing into such a big girl. On the other hand, it is hard to believe it has only been 3 years since you came into our lives. You kind of turned our lives into chaos but you have definitely changed our lives for the better! We all love you and admire you so much. I can't even explain how proud I am of you!!! This past year, you have done some amazing things and have progressed so much. It has been amazing to watch. You really are a very special and unique little girl that has a passion for life. I don't know anyone more happy to be alive than you. You deal with a huge amount of challenges and you don't let them get you down at all. You are ALWAYS happy and I LOVE that about you. I don't know anyone who doesn't smile when they look at you. You truly have something very special about you. Looking back at your other birthdays I remember thinking how hard those years were. Looking back at this year, I don't feel that way. Of course you have had your far share of hard times, but overall you have done awesome. You learned to walk right before Christmas (at 27 months old). This was much sooner than expected and we were thrilled for you!!! Of course it isn't easy for you to walk because of your balance problems, but you keep amazing us with how well you are doing. You can now walk on grass which has been super hard for you all summer. In the spring, you got rid of oxygen during the day. This has been such a huge blessing. I can't even imagine chasing you around all day with the o2 hose with how active you are now. One day your body just decided it was strong enough and I can't even tell you how happy we all were. It is so much fun to celebrate those types of accomplishments. You had your cochlear implant surgery in April. This was a big surgery for you and you did so great!!! It has been so exciting to see you hear for the first time. It has been slow, but you are still improving and I get a huge SMILE every single time you respond to me saying your name. It is AMAZING!!!! You are communicating with sign language more and more. You always sign, "I love you" to your daddy and I know it makes his day every time you do it. You are now running and doing things that any other typical 3 year old does. You try to keep up with your brother and you love him more than anyone. I just want you to stay how you are forever. I never want you to experience a bully or feel bad because you are a little different from everyone else. I am so proud of you and I hope you know that forever and ever. I feel like the luckiest mom in the world to be your mom. Seriously, you have taught me more than anyone else has and you are only 3. You are my little hero and I hope you have another AMAZING year. Your daddy and mommy are cheering you on and we love you so, sooooooo much!!! Happy Birthday Miss Laynie Lou!!!!!
Love, Mommy xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment