Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Family FUN...

I recently dyed my hair brown. I just wanted a change. I would like to add some highlights though. It's hard to believe, but in jr. high and highschool I had just about every color of hair (blonde, brown, blue, maroon, and black). I have always been pretty brave when it comes to my hair, but I don't think blue would look that great anymore!
Drake loves to play at Grandma's house. He thinks sliding down her banister is such a fun game!!

We went to visit my sister in Victor over the weekend. It is always nice to go for a long drive and just get away for the day!

Drake LOVES the big dogs... When he comes home he thinks he can ride our little dogs though!

We all had fun playing out in the snow!

Drake and Ivy are so cute together. Too bad they weren't first cousins, because they would be such a cute couple!!!

I took my sister's family pictures. I think there were some that turned out adorable. This one is my favorite!!! Trevor and I were laughing the whole way home at how we are such opposites from Afton and Ross, but for some reason we always have a great time hanging out with them. I think my sister has the funniest/craziest blog ever. A recent post of hers was on "What you NEVER see on a blog post". I found it hilarious and so true. She was saying that on everyone's blog you seem to find everyone posting about their "perfect" family, their boogerless kids, and all the fun things they do together. Well nobody posts about the crazy things that happen practically everyday that makes you completely "normal".....
So I will add to her post and post some of my 'not-so-proud-of moments'
  • I am still breastfeeding my 15 month old son.... I've been trying to stop for 3 months and by the looks of it, I may be breastfeeding until kindergarten.. hahaha
  • I try to cook good dinners, but I'm not the greatest cook, nor do I love it, so I make up stories (like.... I forgot to get the meat out of the freezer, or I burnt dinner) so we can just go out to Taco Bell!
  • I let Drake put make-up all over his face (and in his mouth) so he would leave me alone while I was getting ready the other day. Chapstick also works great for this same problem!
  • Drake ate a push-up for dinner the other night because he refused to eat anything else and I didn't want to fight with him!

There you go! Check out my sister's post at http://www.aftonnoelle.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Kevin and Kelly said...

I love the brown hair and you and your sister are so right about the "perfect" family posts. I'll need to write one of those posts soon lol. Also your sister's little girl is so adorable and I love her name :)

Lauren Ricks said...

Hey, I was just wondering what Trevor paid for his online tuition. Paul's going to go to school online in accounting and we just wanted to see what a ball park number would be. Thanks!

Streett's said...

I love this post! I always think of posting the un-bloggable things but never do, so I will have to start! :)

Jorden and Jessica said...

cute hair! And I love the honesty posts! It makes me feel better about myself! haha

The High Family- said...

My first thought, even with orange hair, Calyn would still be beautiful! btw, your sis is funny!

Whitney said...

Love it!! Afton cracks me up!! I will have to do a post soon just for you exposing my not so good moments thoughout the day. Scary!!! I know I have told you this already but I love the new hair do! Super Cute!!