Monday, September 20, 2010

All about Drake...

My little boy is really becoming a big boy right before my eyes. He will be 2 next month, but I think he has been in his "terrible two's" for a couple of months now! He makes me laugh every day, he is a great big brother, an awesome "helper", a daddy copy-cater, and a super sweet little boy.

This picture makes him look so old. It almost looks like a school picture.
He has long-lasting lipstick on in this picture. He gets into Grandma's purse and puts this on every time we see her.... so he usually has a little all over his face every day. It stays on for like 3 days!!!
This picture was a Grandma's house when I was in the hospital having Laynie. My mom said she let him play in her make-up and he was in heaven! She put in up to the mirror to show him his wonderful make-up skills and he was frightened by the way he looked. She said she started laughing hysterically, but he wouldn't crack a smile and was scared. haha!!

Some of the things that Drake loves at the moment:

  • He loves Ice Age and Madagscar. He finally started watching TV and it is wonderful!

  • He loves the moon. He looks for it every night and we have to say goodnight to it. If it isn't out, then we have one sad little boy!



  • He loves to put on deodorant (dodant).



  • He loves to brush his teeth and insists on having real toothpaste (pase). He loves the mint flavor. He also loves gum (bum) and mints.



  • He loves poo-poo. Nasty, I know but he loves to find doggy poo-poo outside. If we don't clean it up fast enough he will get it with his shovel. Sometimes he tries to put in the poo-poo box and sometimes I find him trying to bring it inside!!!



  • He loves the tag on his blanky. He has quite the bedtime ritual- which I will decribe below!


  • He loves the copy his dad. He does push-ups and crunches with him every night. It is the CUTEST thing I have ever seen!



  • He loves to help clean. He vacuums and sweeps and he even lifts the rugs to clean under them.

  • He loves watching Signing Time (sign language movie) and knows ALL of the signs. If I ask him any of them he can do them. It is amazing!
The next picture....... I will explain!!!His bed-time ritual is a little strange. He has a HUGE OBSESSION with his phones. He has 5 phones and carries them EVERYWHERE! He has to have all 5 phones lined up in his bed. He recently stole this ruby from his cousins and also has to have it in his bed. The tag of his blanket has to be in his hand and also has to have his stuffed doggy by him. Then he gets a ba-ba (I know, he is too old for one) and then goes to sleep. He is doing so much better sleeping, but still has a couple of issues. He wakes up a couple times a night and sometimes makes noise and sometimes we find him walking around (super creepy). He sometimes comes and just slams our door or tries to get in the fridge for some more milk. haha. He really is so funny.

We sure do love our little man and love seeing what he is up to next!

3 comments:

Jorden and Jessica said...

Drake is so cute! I bet he is a great big brother. Krew seems a lot like Drake on some things. Loves his "ba-ba" blankee and cell phones :)

mommy1 said...

Oh good! We can stop looking for the ruby! :) Oh by the way, we don't want it back, it causes too many arguments at our house.

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

Gotta to love the habits of little boys :-) I wonder if he is sleep walking in the night. Sure miss his big smile. Glad things are good.