Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving week

We had a GREAT week. We spent the week playing in the snow, eating with family, watching movies, a hospital visit, and being lazy!!! My computer won't let me arrange my pictures so these are in no particular order............

This is one of my favorite pictures ever because.............. Drake LOVES his tag on his blanky. He asks for it all the time and will not go to bed without it. I found Laynie sleeping holding on to her tag. So precious!!!!

Jordan and Trevor spent two full days on the couch- watching football and movies! Drake sure loves it when "Uncle Dordan" comes over!
We got so much snow this week. Thankfully, we didn't have to travel for the Holiday! These guys had fun playing in it though.

This little feeding tube of Laynie's has caused us quite the problems. It got clogged about 2 weeks ago and they put a special enzyme in it that unclogged it. It got clogged again on Thanksgiving. Since no one was open and it has to replaced in x-ray (because it is an NJ tube- in her jejunum) we had to go to the E.R. They tried to unclog it for 4 hours. Seriously, we were trying to push stuff through it the entire time and it wouldn't budge. I tried to get them to just replace it because it is only supposed to last a month or two and she has had it for 1 1/2 months. They wouldn't!!! Ahhhh, made me so mad because I'm sure it will just get clogged over and over again. They just didn't feel comfortable replacing here- so next time we are in Salt Lake we will get it replaced. We got out of the hospital and drove straight to my mom's house and they were just sitting down to eat so we made it just in time!

Drake loves to HELP! He is such a hard worker!

Trevor's work got cancelled on Tuesday! It was a dream come true... A snow day from work. I was so excited that he got to spend the day with us!

The amazing cook! I need to learn from her terribly bad!

Drake went to Grandma and Grandpa Petersen's while we went to the hospital and we missed their dinner, so we went over to pick him up to go to my mom's house and he was sleeping with papa, so we left him there. We didn't see him all day on Thanksgiving. I was excited to see him when he came home!

Crazy cousins!
I sure love this guy! Oh, and another highlight.... I got to go shopping at midnight on Thanksgiving. My first time to Walmart in 2 months! I used to go about twice a week. It was so fun to start out the Christmas season!!!

We ATTEMPTED to take a family picture for our Christmas cards. Well, we didn't do it when the weather was nice and now we can't take Laynie outside so we were just going to take a snapshot. Well, I have a husband that throws a hissy fit when I mention family pictures, a 2 year old (enough said) and a screaming baby! They didn't turn out so well. Looks like we won't be sending out Christmas cards this year. haha


Overall, our week was WONDERFUL!

2 comments:

The Butlers said...

Hey Calyn! I'm sorry to hear about your hectic Thanksgiving but just wanted to say that I think your an awesome mom of two adorable kids! The energy that it takes to chase a 2 year old and attend to Laynie is way more then I can imagine and you do it with a smile on your brave face! I'm glad i am back on the blog so I can keep up with you and your little ones! Happy Holidays!

P.S. I think the last pic you posted would make a really cute christmas card! :0)

leslie said...

calyn, you are so great! sad the the browns don't get together for thanksgiving anymore. those were the days of great food. 6 donna brown women. enough said...