Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another year... come and gone!

The Petersen Family... We will be welcoming a new baby Petersen in March! Baby boy McLeod, we can't wait to meet him!

Another year with him= pure joy!
Laynie loves her little Lady Bug softy! She just snuggles it and rubs it all over her face and sucks on it to go to sleep. It is sooooooooo adorable!
A kiss for the New Year!!!
*********For your viewing enjoyment*********



Time is going by faster and faster every year! This year has been one crazy year. Although it has by far been the hardest year of my life, it has also been a great year! We welcomed a new child into our family- it doesn't get much more exciting than that! We went on a few little vacations, Trevor got a promotion at work, we bought a new car, Drake became a big boy, and we made so many new memories!

I was thinking the other day about the future for Laynie and how rough it is going to be for her and all of us. She still has so many surgeries ahead of her! Then, I decided it doesn't do any good to think about the hard times ahead. Instead, I started thinking about the wonderful things we have to look forward to this year.....

It just puts a huge smile on my face to think about the day she can get off of oxygen. I am beyond excited to think about the day that she can get rid of her trach. I don't know when that will be, but it could be in 2011, and I am so ecstatic for that day! I look forward to hearing more sounds come out of her trach. The little whimpers that I sometimes hear seriously melt my heart. I can't wait to hear her laugh or even cry! I hope she will be able to hear my voice too, maybe with medical help?!?! I am excited for the day that she can eat again from her mouth and possibly get her g-tube removed. I look forward to watching both of my kids grow and learn new things. For Drake to get potty trained, learn how to count, play like a wild man, and to learn how to communicate even better... and for Laynie to sit up, laugh, and crawl. I can't wait for my kids to be able to play and interact together! I also look forward to going on some dates with my hubby and going on a family vacation!!!

I think I have a lot to look forward to in 2011. I have a feeling this is going to be an AWESOME year!
Happy 2011!!!

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Happy New Year!! Looks like fun!!I love the picture of Drake and Ivy kissing. So cute!