Our Easter weekend was wonderful. It ended in sickness which isn't wonderful, but we had a great time.

Our little cutie watching us decorate Easter eggs.

We had our nieces over on Saturday. They were a big help by helping Drake dye his eggs.

The finished eggs...

Then, we had hunt after hunt after hunt after hunt outside. It was a beautiful day and the kids loved it!

Found one!


Easter morning was filled with more eggs, sugar, hunts, and fun!!!



All ready for Easter Brunch! They looked so cute in their Easter outfits!

She looks like such a little lady here!

We always go to Easter Brunch with my family. Laynie hung out in her carseat and fell asleep the whole time. She is such a good little girl. Little did we know, she was starting to get sick though!!!

Me and Mr. Petersen

Drake did NOT like the Easter Bunny. He was fighting big tears in this picture.

Me, Drake, Breanne, and Maddox

Me, mom, and Drake. Drake was already sick and was a little stinker. He wouldn't leave my mom alone and kept saying he wanted to go home. He was sick last year on Easter too.

Papa and Mammy

Later that night we had Trevor's family over for dinner. Trevor's family is used to his mom's cooking, and so I was a little nervous that they would expect my dinner to be just as delicious!! Well, I didn't make anything fancy but it turned out great. It was a wonderful night! Drake LOVES playing with his cousins!


This poor girl got really sick Easter night and is still sick. She just has an upper respiratory infection, but it is always more serious when she gets sick. Her lungs aren't all the way healthy, plus she has a trach and aspiration problems so of course she gets worse. She got a chest x-ray yesterday and the doctor said it looks "decent". If she isn't better we will probably repeat an x-ray and just monitor her in the hospital for a few days. We are praying that she can beat this bug and get better soon. She has been so miserable and it is so sad.
We have a lot to be thankful for this Easter and we are so grateful we have such wonderful family to celebrate with!!!
Happy Easter!!!
2 comments:
I hope Laynie is feeling better! Glad you had a great Easter!
Hi Laynie and Family
My name is Jenna and I came across your site. Laynie is a very precious and special little girl. She is full of fight, determination, smiles, courage, bravery and strength.I am sad to hear she was very sick, I hope she is better now and has fought it off. Drake is such a handsome little boy, and I am so glad he enjoyed his Easter, and playing with his cousins. Maybe next year he will be old enough so he isn't scared of the Easter Bunnie. I was born with a rare life threatening disease, and many disabilities.
www.miraclechamp.webs.com
Post a Comment