- Eat healthier.... and make Drake eat healthier!!! He has a love of sugar, just like me and it is time to change our habits.
- Exercise. I love being active, but I don't love exercising. I love to go for walks, bike rides, etc. but when our 9 months of cold weather comes around I don't have those options. I have made up excuse after excuse in the past like mornings are so busy so I don't have time, and by the end of the day I am too tired so I can't. I guess it is time to make time and stay active.
- Organize Laynie's medical bills and medical documents. They are semi-organized right now in a binder, but her documents have outgrown her binder and I need to re-organize it!!!
- Cook more. I always cook dinner, but they are easy meals that my husband sometimes doesn't count as real meals:( I need to plan a weekly menu and try different things!!!
- 72 hour kits. Trevor and I each have a 72 hour kit, but it needs to be re-done and we need to make one for the kids and dogs.
- Make an emergency kit for Laynie. We have a house full of medical supplies, but we need to organize an emergency bag just for her!!!
- Fundraise for CHARGE syndrome. CHARGE syndrome is a huge part of our life and we want to help raise money for outreach, research, and families that are in need. We will be part of a project sometime this year, but I am not sure when (most likely in the fall).
- Enroll 3 people as a Paparazzi Consultant. I have loved selling Paparazzi Jewelry and I sold enough to pay for all of our Christmas gifts this year!!! It has been so easy and fun. It has helped our family a lot. I hope I can continue to do well and enroll more people to join me!!!
- Read my scriptures every night. I used to do this, and I have to admit that I no longer do. Even if I am so tired, I plan on reading at least a verse or two. I know that we can find answers in the scriptures, and they can help us so much in life!!!
- Do more activities with my kids. The T.V. is on way too much in our house. I want to do more activities and crafts with them, and spend less time watching T.V.
- Go on 1 date a month. Trevor is my best friend and I love spending time with just the two of us and pretending that we are in high school again. It isn't always easy because I can't just drop Laynie off with a babysitter, we have to have our nurse watch her.
- Do a few projects around the house. I want to paint our kitchen table and barstools. I also need to paint Drake's bed. There are a few things around the house that are calling for a make-over!!!
- Spend less money at Walmart. I think that store eats up at least one of Trevor's paychecks a month. It is crazy that we only have 2 1/2 people eating in our house and we still spend over $100 every week. I would love to coupon, but I have tried and I just don't have the time or patience.
- Figure out Laynie's vomitting problem. She had a couple of months of miraculously no vomitting and now it is back in full force. She has had just about every test in the book and as a mom I am determined to keep fighting and find someone or something that can help her. It is heartbreaking seeing her nauseous, sweaty, pale, and then puking 5 times a day.
- Be more giving and help others. I have learned a lot from others this past year. We have had so many people help us and I am so grateful for it. I was always so thankful when others have taken the time to call, text, email, or stop by just to see how we were doing. I have also learned that if you really want to help someone then just do it, don't say, "Let me know if you need anything".
- Be more patient. I think most parents struggle with this. I try hard, but there are days that I need to do better!!!
Overall, our year was great. It is one of those years that I will never forget. We have all learned so much from the ups and downs. I am so grateful for the challenges we have faced. I know they will make us stronger and more ready for the future. Goodbye 2011, Hello 2012!!!
1 comment:
What great goals. I need to make some. I would LOVE to help you with your Fundraiser. I had one friend do a 5k race and another did a golf tournament. One friend lost their son to Brain Cancer last year in Nov.he was 3 years old. And the other lost their baby to a heart problem she lived for a few hours. But I would love to help in any way that I can.
Post a Comment