Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Crazy randomness

We are back in our routine of hanging at home. I had to capture a picture of my sweet girl. Her ventilator has been going okay. It was magical while we were in the hospital (no suctioning and sleeping like an angel) then once we got home, things changed. Alarms were going off every 10 minutes. It was crazy!!!! She also has been needing suctioning about 5 times a night. I don't understand why it was so wonderful in the hospital and now it is different. I finally got a hold of her Pulmonologist and he gave us permission to turn off 2 of the alarms that were driving us nuts. She is still needing suctioning though. I guess it was too good to be true. And we have to drain the water out of the circuit quite frequently or it causes madness.... Serious MADNESS with very loud alarms!!!
She is usually the child that doesn't get into trouble..... until she got into the markers today!!! We usually leave the mischief making up to Drake. As I have been typing this I walked out in the kitchen to do something and I found him with ranch dressing smeared in his hair!!! He is sure an entertaining kid.
We brought up the high chair last night from down stairs so Laynie could sit in it while we were eating or in the kitchen. Drake has been obsessed with it and he tells me that he is a baby!!! He talks like a baby and tells me he wants a diaper, his sippy, and tag (blanket).
Then... he starts back scooting around the house. He is copying Laynie, because she is a baby. Kinda cute if you ask me!!!
Laynie has learned 6 signs. She knows eat, sleep, play, more, all done, and no. It is sooooo cute. I tried to get them on camera, but it is hard because sometimes she likes to do them and other times she won't. I am amazed at how fast she is learning them though.

3 comments:

Scott and Lindsey said...

Good job Laynie!! Wow! she is doing so great! You guy's have such CUTE kids!!

AubreyandTerry said...

Wow, that's amazing! She is getting so smart!

Kristi said...

That first pic of Laynie is so adorable!

Is her vent set as CPAP or BiPAP? Gracie had a vent at home after she was trached. She was on BiPap then downgraded to CPAP at night due to apneic episodes. Good news is she outgrew it! :-)

YAY for the signs! That's so awesome! Keep up the good work... ALL of you! :-)