I had a BIG surprise for Trevor for Valentine's Day. I had it planned for at least 2 weeks and it was the hardest thing in the world not to tell. He came home on his lunch hour on Valentine's Day and I handed him his card. In the card I told him what we were doing for the rest of the day. We were going to Salt Lake to our favorite restaurant and then to the Lady Antebellum concert. He was sooooooo shocked. I had already talked to his boss and arranged for Drake to stay with Grandma and Grandpa Petersen and Laynie was staying home with Holly (her nurse). I know Trevor would never guess in a million years that I would do something like this because I would have to leave Laynie for such a long time and we would be out of town if something were to happen. But, I totally trust Holly and we really needed some alone time:) Alone time is a little harder for us because we have to have a nurse watch Laynie. The longest we have been away together is 3 hours since she has been born, so we were very grateful for some time to spend together.
Here is Trevor opening up his card...
We went to dinner at Tepanyaki. It was delish:)

Ross and Afton met us at dinner and went to the concert with us!

The concert was so much fun. Thompson Square and Darius Rucker opened for Lady Antebellum. They were all amazing.

We seriously had such a great time. It was one of our favorite nights spent together!!!

We had a great time with Afton and Ross

We sang until we nearly lost our voices and danced like crazy people. I think you could tell we don't get out very much. haha

We drove home and got home at 2:30am. It was a late night, but totally worth it. We got in bed at 3:00 and Laynie sat up and peeked her little head over the crib at about 3:05am. I was so happy to see her, but I was sure hoping she would go back to sleep soon. Luckily, she did!!! It was so much fun to hang out with my husband and just focus on him for a night. It made me remember when we first fell in love almost 11 years ago. He is my FIRST and ONLY love. I love you so so so much! Thanks for being my Valentine!!!
5 comments:
Looks like so much fun! I'm glad you guys were able to get away for the night.
SO FUN!!!! Thats awesome that you guys were able to get away!!
What a surprise, it looks like a lot of fun.
I just cried reading this Calyn. I am so happy for you and Trevor.
:)
How fun! I would love to suprise my husband like that. What a good wife you are!!
Post a Comment