Friday, February 24, 2012

Love THEM to pieces...

I sure love these two. Ever since Laynie was born, Drake acted afraid of her and not interested. We are STILL having that problem. He isn't mean at all, in fact he has the sweetest heart. He is just hesitant and distant towards her. I have always told myself that it is just her situation and he is afraid all her medical stuff and is afraid of hurting her. It has been bothering me a lot lately and I have started getting mad at him for it. Growing up, he needs to be her biggest protector. I hate even thinking about sending my kids to school. The smartest and most beautiful child gets teased, and I don't want anyone hurting my little kids, especially Laynie because she is "different"!!! I know I have a little ways before they are in school, but it is a definitely a big concern. From everything I have observed, I think Drake thinks if he gets too close to her then he will have the "hurts" that she does. When I am feeding her through her tube in her stomach, he will look at it and say, "I don't want to go to the doctor." Who knows, I hope and pray that they will be best friends and protectors of one another!!! I know my Drake has the kindest heart and I KNOW he loves her, but we have got some work to do with him to understand that he is not going to have the same medical problems as her if he is close to her. I LOVE these pictures of them. They were really enjoying being next to each other (okay, maybe there was a little bribing). I especially LOVE the one below......... they are so cute:)
It was super windy the other day and Laynie loved it when I would stand her against the back door. The whole house was shaking, and she could really feel the wind when she would be against this door. Little things make her so happy, and it is so much fun to see!!!

3 comments:

Kristie said...

Such a cute pictures. When Drake was over and Brynlee started to cry in her room. He said, "oh no she is crying! I will go help her." It was so cute. He really is so kind.

Afton said...

I love the picture with her and the dogs against the door. They will be great friends one day.

Scott and Lindsey said...

I love the pictures! I have no doubt that Drake and Laynie will be close:) You should come over to my house...I promise it will make you feel better! Sophie wants absolutely NOTHING to do with Grace. Everything Grace does makes her so upset. The other day Sophie was screaming and crying because Grace kept looking at her :)