Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cutie pa-tootie

This girl makes me smile from ear to ear!!! She is full of sweetness, spunk, attitude, strength, and cuteness. I am amazed at how well she has done this far in her life. Of course, I always dream big for her and hope that she will be able to walk, talk, have friends, go to school, be able to sleep in her own room, play sports, hear something, and be able to communicate someday. But, in the back of my mind I have also wondered about her not being able to do so many things. She is one determined girl. She is full of strength and is willing to fight... hard!!! We went to three appointments at Primary Children's and the University of Utah yesterday. They all went pretty well. Her ENT (who is our favorite doctor out of her many doctors) is going to put in her 3rd set of ear tubes and do a broncoscopy to look at her airway during her upcoming surgery (soft palate) at the end June. This will be surgery #10 for our little girl. Sadly, that number isn't done growing yet. 10 surgeries before she is even 2 years old. What an accomplishment for her and a heartbreak at the same time!!! We also discussed that her trach will be with her for much longer than we would like. Still, no doctor can tell us why she needs oxygen. Hopefully one of these days she can be tube free. Laynie was quite the attraction at the hospital. Everyone would smile and mention how happy and cute she was. She does have a way of making anyone that sees her SMILE:)

1 comment:

Whitney said...

She is a Cutie pa-tootie for sure!! I'm glad her appointments went good. I really need to come see her. Its been way too long.