Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Signing with the kids

We have been learning sign language as a family since Laynie was about 1 year old. We learned a lot at first and Laynie caught on really well. It seems like I have been stuck for a long time though. I need to learn more so I can teach Laynie more, so she can communicate. You would never realize how important communication with your child is until you can't communicate. She is 2 1/2 now and it is only going to get so much harder. I don't even like thinking about her communicating with her peers as she gets older because it makes me so, so sad. I am really going to try harder to learn more for her!!! This is the kids practicing signing. Laynie pretty much copies whatever Drake is doing, but she really knows most of them too!
 
I started watching this video of Rachael Coleman (signing times) the other day and loved it. Once I started watching I couldn't stop. She is so inspiring!!!! 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=b1VUpNv80IQ

2 comments:

Whitney said...

I loved this video!! They are learning so much! Way to go drake and laynie!

MeganandClaudy said...

I love Baby Signing Time, and so does Carter! You're such a good mom.