It seems like I haven't had much to blog about lately. I have been bad about taking pictures, so today I whipped out my camera for a little while. These kids are getting so big and looking so grown up lately. They had fun playing with play dough today that they got from Christmas. Laynie hasn't played with play dough much, and she had a hard time understanding not to put it in her mouth! Sometimes days being home as a mom are so long, especially this time of year, but I am so grateful I get to be home and hang out with these two munchkins every day!!!
Drake is really growing up lately. He is full of back-talking and stubbornness:) Even though he a stubborn child, he has a heart of gold. He is always watching after his mom and his sister and making sure we are okay. He always tells me he is worried about me when I have to go to the hospital to delivery this baby. He is so caring! He definitely plays the role of "man of the house" when dad is at work. And when Trevor gets home he can't wait to wrestle and play with his dad. He loves to go skiing with his dad. He talks about it all the time and asks to go constantly! Trevor took him all the way to the top of Kelly Canyon last time they went and he did great skiing all the way down. He loves preschool and I can't believe he will be going to the big school next year. He is my best buddy every day and we just love him to death!
Laynie is also seeming so big lately. She still is the happiest girl on earth and I love that about her. She has a big personality and knows exactly what she wants. Even though she can't talk and has limited signs, she can let you know exactly what she wants. She is hearing well, but she doesn't understand speech still. We have taken the longest break we ever have from Primary Children's and it has been AMAZING! We don't go back until April and she will have A TON of appointments, but it is worth it to keep her out of the hospital during sick season. She is running fast now and her balance is getting better, but stairs are still a big struggle. She puts a lot of food in her mouth but still doesn't eat anything. She can take a few bites of purees but she doesn't love to. In speech therapy we are working on her vocalizing. She can make vowel sounds and it is so sweet to hear! I am nervous about her adjusting to a baby sister. She still does not like baby dolls and she is a big mamma's girl and gets jealous very easy. It should be interesting:) She likes to sit on the potty but she hasn't had any success in there yet. She still keeps Trevor and I busy, but she is such an angel and such a joy!


No comments:
Post a Comment