Monday, June 7, 2010

Baby girl stuff...

Here are a couple of ultrasound pictures of our little girl at 28 weeks.... You can definitely see her cleft lip in the first picture. Our scanner isn't working so the picture quality isn't great. Everything else still looks great and she is growing at the normal rate. These 3d pictures are so cool, but are also a little scary looking! My pregnancy has been going well so far. I think I'm just entering the uncomfortable stage. Uhhh!!! We meet with the Plastic Surgeon from Primary Children's Hospital in July, so I am so excited to get a lot of questions answered and get more information! I think I have read every website possible regarding cleft lip/palate, but it is still nice to talk face-to-face with the doctor that deals with it every day and that will be taking care of your baby! We have also started a couple of little projects for her.....



This dresser was Trevor's dads when he was younger. It is about 50 years old!

Trevor getting it all sanded and ready for me to paint!

The finished dresser! We think it turned out great. I just sanded it, painted it, painted the flowers, and put on the knobs. We are glad we didn't have to go buy a new dresser and it's going to look just perfect in her room!

Up close view of the flower and knob. We have her bedding, but we still need to paint her room! Also, we are waiting for Drake to get into a big boy bed before we can put the crib in her room. He is not even close to going to a big boy bed, so hopefully we can get him ready shortly after she arrives! I will post more pictures of her room when it is done!

I made this bow holder for her.
Well, we are about 95% sure that her name is going to be LAYNIE!!! We call her Laynie Bug all the time, so that is what I put on the bow holder. I love it!!!
Check out all those bows. There is no more room for any more bows on there, so I better stop my obsession with bow making.


It's a start..... we still have soooooooo much to get and do before she arrives. We are really excited though!

8 comments:

Chelsi said...

Hey cute girly stuff how fun to buy it!! Laynie is a cute name love it!!

Whitney said...

I love the name you guys have chosen. So cute!! And all the fun decorations you have gotten. Can't wait till she's actually here!!!

Jaimie said...

How fun that you are preparing things for her! I have to agree--I think we are starting to get into the uncomfortable stage. Bummer. And right when it starts to get hot. My feet have started swelling with the start of the heat. Oh well, still fun. :) (Sorry, I don't know if you knew--we're due right by eachother. I'm due August 28 with another girl.)
Cute name!

leslie said...

love the name laynie. you better get 100% sure or you'll have to make another bow thing.

we're coming through idaho in july for our cabin week. morgan and allie and i will be staying in IF for a night and we'd love to get together.

Streett's said...

I love the name Laynie! Cute stuff!! Stockton and I are coming to Idaho next week, so we need to get together! Stockton still talks about Drake, the other day he told me he wanted a cool mo-hawk like Drake :)

Unknown said...

I love having girls you are going to have such a blast!!!

Kevin and Kelly said...

Girl stuff is the best! Laynie is such a cute name too :)!

Grandma Jill said...

Trevor and Calyn, I am almost 50 years old and I have never, never been bothered by my clef lip! I know it was because my fabulous parents and family never made a big deal of it. I remember the surgeries that lasted off and on through high school and only made it less noticeable. I am so confident that Laynie will have that same blessing because of you and all the extended family. Feel free to ask any questions--I love you! and already love Laynie! Families are terrific!