Tuesday, December 14, 2010

4 months old

Laynie is 4 months old today! She is such a little piece of heaven in our home. We all love her so much! She loves to sit in her bouncer, look at mobiles, sleep, kick her legs, and look at the ceiling fan. She hates to be messed with, held, touched etc... I don't blame her though! I would put all her stats on here, but she hasn't had her check-up yet. She was almost 10 pounds (9lbs 10oz) when we were at the hospital last week, so she should be just about 10 lbs now! Pretty sure she isn't on the charts, but she is slowly gaining at her own rate!

I know I've said this so many times, but sometimes when I look at her I have to fight tears because I feel how special of a spirit she is. I believe that Heavenly Father sends extrordinary spirits to children that have so many challenges. Laynie agreed to come here knowing what she was facing and that alone is so incredible to me. I really look up to her so much! That is why I feel so special and honored to have been chosen to be her mom.

I look forward to see her accomplishments over the next four months. Just and FYI: I know every child grows and develops at their own rate, but I read a study done on 20 children with CHARGE syndrome and the average age for them to hold up their own head was 5 months (she is doing pretty good at this), to crawl is 14 months, and to walk is 33 months. It's nice to have an idea about what to expect, but who knows... everyone is so different! Only time will tell!

3 comments:

Whitney said...

She is so adorable and so special!! Love her!
P.S. I love Drake's Christmas list. Too funny!!!

Streett's said...

I just can't wait to meet that sweet baby girl! She is amazing to have gone through so much already and she is very lucky to have such strong and faithful parents! I tear up every time I read about her because I totally agree with you, she must be such a special spirit and you really are an amazing mother!

Heather Inns said...

You guys are amazing, thanks for all the updates. She is adorable.