Me, my mom, Drake, and
Laynie went to Salt Lake for some appointments for
Laynie on Tuesday and Wednesday. She was supposed to have a MRI of her ears, but the
audiologist's machine broke so it got cancelled. We were already in Utah when we found out. Such a bummer because now we have to go back in a couple of weeks! She did have a couple of other appointments and everything went great! Dr. Park (her ENT) said her trach looks good and he wants to move her up a size. He will do this during her next surgery this summer. He also said he wants her to have the trach for at least another year..... I was hoping it would come out sooner, but at least we have a goal to look forward to. We had fun staying at my sister Afton's house. It was great seeing her new life in Utah and seeing her family. Drake had a blast with his cousins. I forgot my camera, but my mom took a few with her phone, so this is all I have...

Thanks Afton for letting us stay with you! And thank you mom for being our
chauffeur and pack mule. I couldn't have done it without you. You are the best!

Drake LOVES big dogs! He was petrified of their chickens though. It was so funny!
We'll be back in a few more weeks!!!!!!
3 comments:
I am glad Laynie has some goals to look forward to but that is such a bummer you have to go all the way back to SLC because your appointment got cancelled! It is always nice to get out of "dodge". As I say! I have been having the hankering for a trip for awhile now. Not anything big or extravagent just something to get me out of IF. After looking at your pictures now I really want to get out of "dodge". Spring break can't come fast enough!
Calyn,
I had not looked at your blog for awhile now and it is so nice to see how much your sweet little girl has progressed. She truly is beautiful. I am so amazed by your up beat spirt. You are an example to many.
I just wanted to drop by and say hi and introduce ourselves, we are a CHARGE family as well! Our little Nikolas is about the same age as Laynie and he was born with a cleft lip and palate as well. He had his second lip surgery about a month ago and is having another surgery next month for a g-tube.
Laynie is so adorable and I love her big beautiful eyes! I am sure she is the light of your lives!
God Bless! Hope to talk to you soon!
Post a Comment