Monday, April 18, 2011

More random stuff...

We haven't been up to much... Laynie was scheduled for an MRI and hearing tests on Friday but it got cancelled AGAIN because the audiology machine is still broken! Laynie went to church for the very first time. I couldn't get over how adorable she looked in her dress. Yes, I realize we are extremely over-protective parents and we haven't brought her out much at all because we have extreme germophobia! The last thing she needs is a cold or sickness right now. We have had many, many lectures from doctors about keeping her healthy! We decided it is time to slowly introduce her to the outside world. We smelt like alcohol at church because we were using hand sanitizer like it's going out of style! And yes, she also sported a sign on her carseat that we got from getting her RSV injections... It said, "Please wash your hands before touching mine!" It was kind of embarrassing, but I think everyone got the clue that we are just trying to protect our little angel that has been through enough, and we don't want her getting sick! Also, Drake INSISTED on taking 4 dog treats to church. He is definitely one of a kind and likes interesting toys! Someone gave him some smarties and told him that they would taste better than dog treats. I hope they don't think that we let him eat them!
ADORABLE!

I don't care if it is too soon... I just can't get over how cute she is with a pony tail!


It seems impossible to keep clothes on this boy. I LOVE it when I catch Drake playing with Laynie. It only lasts about a half of a second but it makes me happy. Laynie LOVES Drake. She watches him all the time and smiles at him. Drake is STILL hesitant of her... one of these days they will be able to play together! I know he cares about her because when I say I have to take L to the doctor, he says, "NO Laynie doctor, Laynie all better." He gets sad and it is sweet that he is looking out for her. I know he will be the best big brother in the world. He was also sent to our family for a reason, and I think he is going to protect her and help her so much!
Ahhhhh, a kiss on the cheek. This was done because of bribery. Candy can make him do just about ANYTHING! He takes after his mom and has a huge sweet tooth!

4 comments:

AubreyandTerry said...

OMGoodness... I sure hope I didn't touch her when I came over to say hi! LOL! I didn't even think about it. Sorry! It was really good to see you at church. Glad Laynie is doing so well!

Maren McLeod said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you from Grandma Maureen! She was so excited to see Laynie in her dress. Callum went to church for the first time on Sunday, too!!! We totally understand the sign, we kept him covered up so no one would touch him. Grandma Maureen wants to take Drake out for a cheeseburger when she gets back. She wants Trevor to come mow her lawn, LOL. We love the blog. Thanks for taking care of Papa Petersen. Love from Gma Maureen and all three McLeods. We love you and can't wait to party in the summer!

Jorden and Jessica said...

I don't blame you at all for the sign! Good for you guys! You can't worry about what people think, Laynie is just too precious! I think it's so cute how Drake looks after Laynie! So Sweet!

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

Cute kids.....and so funny about the dog treats, that made me laugh.