Monday, July 18, 2011

Him & Her

This picture is so magnificent to me!!! I seriously have dreamt of my kids riding together in this and going for bike rides before Laynie was even born. I didn't think Laynie would be able to ride in it this year, but I tried it out and she did great! Drake was a little hesitant about being that close to her because she was grabbing and scratching him so much! Moments like these make me so happy and proud to be their mom!
As we were leaving Walmart today, Drake saw an empty wheelchair (it was part of a donation display). He said, "That's Laynie's chair." I said, "That's not Laynie's chair, she doesn't have a wheelchair." He kept on saying, "Laynie's chair" as we left. I wanted to see what he said and I asked, "Do you think Laynie will ride in a wheelchair someday?" He said, "Yes!" I was kind of shocked about our conversation. It actually made me cry. It was sweet and sad at the same time. It is sweet that he realizes Laynie is a little different and that it's ok if she has to ride in a wheelchair someday. But of course, it was one of those sad moments as a mother to think that there is a possibility that my daughter might ride in a wheelchair.
I honestly don't think she will need a wheelchair, and if she does then I am perfectly fine with it. Sometimes I am amazed about how smart Drake is. I think he understands so much more than I give him credit for!
These two little people amaze me everyday.

1 comment:

The High Family- said...

That is adorable! I love Laynie's little piggy tail. Can't wait til Brooke has more hair.