Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Happy Birthday Laynie

Happy 2nd Birthday Laynie!!!

Dear Laynie,
Happy 2nd Birthday! I am so glad that this 2nd year has been so much better than your first. I am not saying you have had an easy year, because your life is far from easy. I think it was full of a lot more happiness though!!! You are the sweetest girl in the world. You give me the biggest hugs and slobbery kisses. You are always happy and smiling. I think this is what I love the most about you. You teach me that even though life can be hard, there is so much to be grateful for and happy about! You remind me to count my blessings and stop complaining some days! You never complain!!! I still can never thank you enough for teaching me all the life lessons you have taught me. I have such different views and perspectives on certain things than I did 2 years ago. I know that being your mom is something I was made for. You stretch me to my limits almost every day, but the joy of caring for you is sooooooo wonderful. I feel a little proud of myself when I get you to sleep at night and think we all made it through another day. The love you have for your brother is so sweet. You adore him and try to keep up with him as much as possible. You don't really love the dogs very much. They like to lick the snot off your face and sometimes it makes you mad:) You also love your daddy. You excitedly sign "daddy" when he comes home and you get so happy! He adores you and would do anything in the world for you!
I have big goals for you this 2nd year. The biggest goal is to learn how to walk independently. I also hope you can get completely off of oxygen, learn many, many, many more signs and start communicating more with them, get your cochlear implant, and start eating some foods by mouth. I believe in you and know you can accomplish all of these goals if we work hard together!!!
I can't believe you are 2! I love you so much and I am so happy you belong to me! Being your mom brings me so much happiness! Love you Laynie Bug. Happy Birthday!!!!

7 comments:

The High Family- said...

Made me tear up reading what you wrote! Laynie is such an incredible little lady. She truly does have a wonderful light about her. Happy 2nd birthday!!

Molly said...

Happy birthday Laynie! What a sweet, adorable girl you are!

Streett's said...

Sweetest letter ever!

MeganandClaudy said...

I wish you another great year, and hope that it sees you accomplishing all of the great goals you mentioned. She is a champ and I'm sure you will see those milestones :)

Unknown said...

Happy happy birthday

Kristie said...

Happy Birthday to Laynie!!! The kids had so much fun last night. Sorry I had to take off. It was such a cute party. Jake even told me a few times how cute he thought it all was. Maybe he didn't say cute. But it liked it. :)

Unknown said...

Happy birthday Laynie! Here is to a wonderful 2nd year to a lovely little girl :)