A few days ago my sister called me and asked if I wanted to be on a morning news show (Good Things Utah) with her. She was going to be on for her gLockets and she wanted me and Laynie to be on and talk about CHARGE syndrome because she was going to give 20% back to CHARGE research, outreach, and going to the CHARGE conference. Of course I wanted to go, but Trevor couldn't get off work, and I need a someone to drive me because I can't drive alone that far with Laynie. My mom came to our rescue and we went. It was such a fun experience. I was so nervous the night before. I always really dislike the way I look and especially sound on camera. Once we were there and it was getting closer I wasn't as nervous. The interview went good. It wasn't perfect, but I was very pleased I didn't make any massive mistakes. My sister is so kind to give back to Laynie's cause!!! She is always so giving- thank you Afton!!!!
Us right after the show with the host... Necea
Drake was so excited to go and play with his cousins. He was in heaven the whole time we were there!!!!
Here's the lady that made it all possible!!!! Thanks mom!!! Laynie sure loves her grandma!!!
Laynie even got her own gLocket. It is the cutest thing I have ever seen. It has her birthstone, a L, and a ladybug in it. She LOVES wearing. You can barely see it in this picture...
And here is the link to watch the video!!!




1 comment:
You were awesome Calyn and Laynie was adorable! The GTU host, Nicea, actually grew up a few blocks from me and was friends with my older sister. Such a small world!
Post a Comment