Friday, April 26, 2013

Another cochlear implant appointment...

We went down again to the audiologist to get her cochlear implant mapped. The audiologist was very impressed that she likes wearing it and has never once tried to pull it off. I told her we weren't getting much response and she said that was fine and it takes a little time. She mapped it and turned up the volume quite a bit. This first video shows what happened...
She had a great response to her name!!!!!
This next video is her playing with the audiologist. This is one of the ways they teach her to hear. When she is putting her hand over her mouth she is copying the audiologist because she is putting her hand over her mouth when she makes noise so Laynie can't see when she is making noise. It is pretty cute:)
 
We also got to meet another CHARGE family for lunch. They are the same family that we met last fall at the Endocrine appointment. We have kept in touch with emails and phone calls. They even left a cute gift in the waiting room for Laynie during her last surgery. They are a really nice family!!! It was a lot of fun to be able to visit and see their cute little CHARGEr!!!
 
She sure is a sweetheart and a good traveler. I am so lucky that she is such a good girl!!! I am also so grateful for good friends and family who are always willing to help. Trevor couldn't miss work this week and some of our other family members were also tied up, so I was in a bind trying to find someone to drive us down, because I can't drive her alone. So many friends, neighbors, and family always offer to help and it is so appreciated! My in-laws drove us down and my sister brought us home. Also my friend Whitney kept Drake all day. She has been my best friend since 5th grade and is always so willing to help with anything. I am so thankful for good friends and family.
She has 3 settings again on her implant and this time she needs to wear each setting for 5 days and then I will turn it up. I took of her cochlear implant off  for her bath and after her bath she was trying to put it back on. I was trying to get her hair brushed first, but she was very persistent about wanting it on. It is so awesome that she is liking it!!!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

WooHoo Laynie!!! Those videos are amazing! So awesome she recognized her name!!! We loved having Drake for the day!!! We think he's pretty awesome!!:))) Love ya!!!!

Streett's said...

Yay! I love her reaction to her name! How great that she is liking it so much!