Monday, April 15, 2013

Just us.....

Laynie is recovering like a champ. I took off the bloody steri-strips and replaced them with nice, clean, fresh ones. It looks so much better:) She doesn't really bother it, but every once in awhile she points to it and signs "hurt". I am assuming they are shooting pains which can be normal after surgery.
We already go back to Salt Lake on Thursday to get the implant activated!!!! I am trying not to get my expectations up too high, but I am sooooooo excited. It kinda feels like Christmas morning. Our little Laynie will be able to hear in a few days!!!! The audiologist told us not to have huge expectations because it is a really long progress and they might not even react at first. I just always think about those you tube videos of activation day and it is so amazing. So, even if she has no reaction it doesn't mean it didn't work. It takes a lot of time to get good results. We are still super excited though!!! We will definitely record her reaction!!!
I painted our TV table and I am beginning to think I am a professional. I love how it turned out!!!
Is it sad that a new coat of paint makes me so happy?
Doggy pile on daddy




2 comments:

Alicia said...

YAY! How exciting! I can't even begin to comprehend how excited you guys must feel! I love her sweet smile and that pic of her looking at Drake! You are all such champs! Good luck on Thursday! GO LAYNIE!!

Streett's said...

Good luck tomorrow we're so excited for you guys!