Laynie had a sleep study last night. I was a little nervous for it because they have to put a million wires all over her head and body and she does NOT like to be messed with. She did much better than I expected and only cried at the very end because she was a little nervous! She had a hospital bed (not a crib) to sleep in, so I could lay next to her. She was very happy about that:)
The sleep study was done without the ventilator. For the past year and a half she has been using a ventilator at night. We were just seeing if she still needs the vent. She uses the vent for central sleep apnea (with desaturations), which means your brain doesn't tell your body to breathe at times during sleep. She actually slept okay. There was a lot more suctioning because the vent helps control the secretions. She had a super hard time keeping her oxygen levels up, which was really surprising because some nights at home she goes without oxygen. They had her at 4 liters of oxygen and she was still borderline low. It was strange!!! We will wait to get the results back, but I am assuming she will still need the ventilator and oxygen. I am just hoping her sleep apnea hasn't gotten a lot worse because her work of breathing and need for oxygen were pretty bad!!! She was a trooper like always and didn't even cry when she got her finger poked in the morning for a blood gas level. She did cry that they put a bandaid on her finger though!! haha
This girl is truly the most amazing little girl I know. She is strong, determined, and loves life:)
She was all smiles once I laid down by her.
She ended up waking up at about 5am so we just got everything together and went home. It was nice to be home so early.
And just some more pictures of my cuties.......
This is sideways, but Jaxon and Ivy were in town and Drake was sooooooo happy to have his cousins over to play!!!
I guess both of my kids love goggles:)
Drake wanted to make a sign that said, "Drake is NOT home," just in case any of his friends came to his room looking for him while we were gone!!!
He is always making us laugh!!!






No comments:
Post a Comment