Saturday, December 21, 2013

Exciting news...

Big changes are coming to our family. We are happy to announce that baby #3 will be joining our family in early June!!! We are excited and nervous for this new adventure.
We are ready for another little baby and we are happy about the timing. After Laynie was born, we had a lot of big challenges and I questioned if I could handle another child. After awhile, it was clear that there was definitely another one waiting to join our family, but we needed some time to get Laynie's medical conditions under control. We wanted to wait until she no longer had a trach. Then we came to the realization that her medical concerns will never be fully under control and it was just time!!!!
A lot of people have asked me what are the chances of this child having CHARGE syndrome. The chances are not high, it's about a 2% chance, but we know quite a few families that is has randomly happened to so it is a possibility. But at least we would be pros if it happened again and we are ready and willing to accept whatever is in store for us!!!
I am feeling better lately and we are looking forward to finding out the gender:) I feel like I knew the gender with my other kids, and this time I keep going back and forth. I will be surprised either way!

2 comments:

Rachel Murray said...

What exciting news!! Congratulations!

MeganandClaudy said...

how exciting!! congratulations.