Sunday, August 15, 2010

Laynie has arrived

The past 3 days have been so crazy. I can't believe our baby is here already! We are so happy to introduce...

LAYNIE DEBORAH PETERSEN
AUGUST 14, 2010
1:24 A.M.
5LBS 13OZ.
18 1/2 INCHES

Well, we went up to Trevor's family cabin on Friday morning for a family reunion and I was having contractions all day long. I thought that they would probably go away but they just kept on getting stronger. Trevor offered to take me home, but I didn't want to be a baby and go home because of a false alarm. Plus, I know how much Trevor looks forward to our week at the cabin every year and I wanted to enjoy it! Around 6:00 they started getting fairly uncomfortable. We were in West Yellowstone getting ice cream about that time. We came home and Drake fell asleep so I decided to go lay by him since I wasn't feeling so great. At that time my contractions started getting very strong. Trevor was out in the boat so I texted him that it was time to go home. I just wanted to be closer to home in case it got worse, but I still wasn't convinced I was for sure in labor. We left about 9:00 and about 5 minutes into our drive I was pretty sure I was in labor. We decided to go straight to the hospital. My mom met us at the hospital and drove Drake home. I was still embarrassed because I thought we would get sent home. But my contractions were hurting soooooo bad by this point. At 11:00 we got to the hospital and I was dilated to a 5. I couldn't believe it. She was still breech, so they decided to do a c-section. Not even an hour later I was dilated to an 8!!! Holy cow- I never thought this would happen to me. My mom rushed back over after Afton arrived to tend Drake. They were wheeling me in the operating room when she got there. Trevor and my mom were both able to come in and watch. I have to admit, I was quite a basket-case during the whole ordeal. I just couldn't believe this was happening to me. The c-section went great and little Laynie was born at 1:24. The experience is one I will NEVER forget!

Laynie is doing great! She was born with a cleft lip and cleft palate. She is so tiny and precious. She is eating well and we love her so much. In fact, I have already said that I love her cleft because it is what makes her Laynie. I feel so lucky and blessed to be her mommy. She never cries and when she does it is sooo soft (unlike her brother). She also has a little conjoined toe. The doctors say it is nothing to worry about and it can be separated if we want. It is cute though. Drake is doing well, but doesn't pay much attention to her. He is having fun hanging out with Grandma though. I miss being able to be with him and play with him so much, but I am grateful to be able to rest and know that he is getting taken care of so well. We have taken about a million pictures but I haven't had time to put them on the computer so I will post pictures later!

We feel so blessed. We have been taken care of so well by our doctors, nurses, and family members. We love Laynie so much and are so happy she is in our family!!

18 comments:

Katelin Wright said...

Congratulations! My mom and her sisters have slightly conjoined toes, so it might be hereditary. Ask around :) Can't wait to see pictures!

Kevin and Kelly said...

Congratulations! I am so glad everything went so well :)! Can't wait to see pictures of the little Laynie :)

Whitney said...

Congrats!! Laynie is so precious and I love her so much!!! I still can't believe she is already here. I'm so glad everything went well especially with that crazy labor story!! Call me when you go home today if you need any help at all.

Jessica Stark said...

Congrats! I can't wait to meet her! If you need anything at all, I am just a street over! Let me know!

Cherished Moments Turned Into Family Memories said...

So glad everything turned out okay. C-sections are no picnic (I had three) but you are a strong mom. Can't wait to see pictures. Please send me your address as I have a little something for both of you beautiful babies (neleafpeepers@yahoo.com)
It was so nice to meet you this summer.
Tanjua

Reed, Julie , Macie, Branson & Allie said...

Oh, congratulations! We are so happy for you guys and can't wait for picctures!

Lauren Ricks said...

Congrats!!! I've been thinking about you these last couple of days, so wierd. She is so teeny tiny! I'm so excited for you guys. Have fun with your new Laynie.

Jorden and Jessica said...

Congratulations! I'm glad everything went well! I love the name and can't wait to see pictures! I know she is just precious

Streett's said...

Wow Calyn way to be so tough with the labor and c-section, what a trooper to stay in IP till it got bad! What a sweet girl to be early for you!! Can't wait to see pics!

AubreyandTerry said...

Congrats! That is so exciting!! Expecially since she suprised you and came early. I am glad to hear that you are both doing well. I can't wait to see pictures. I'm sure she is a doll!

Lindsey said...

Congrats Calyn! She really is such a doll and I'm so glad we got to meet her today! Now I just can't wait until I'm not sick and I can actually hold her! You're such a cute little mom and she's so lucky to have you! Let us know if you need anything!

Chelsi said...

Congratulations calyn I am so excited that she is here. I was dying when whitney was telling me the labor story. whitney says she is so special and precious. Can;t wait to see her congrats again!!

sandy said...

CONGRATULATIONS. I LOVE HER NAME AND CAN'T WIT TO SEE HOW BEAUTIFUL SHE IS.

leslie said...

can't wait to see her! congratulations!!

Rachel, Steve and Jacob said...

CONGRATS!!! I'm so excited to see pictures of her, I'm sure she's beautiful!! Glad everything went well, and that you got to the hospital on time. CRAZY!!!

Rebekah said...

Congrats! i can't believe she is already here! that is quite the birth story. I had a c-section too! anyways, i know she is beautiful and I can't wait to meet her.
love, Rebekah

ps, I hope you are feeling well!

Blake and Danielle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Blake and Danielle said...

Calyn and Trevor. . . Congrats!! Laynie is beautiful. And she is so lucky to have parents like you : ) I love you Calyn and hope your recovery time is quick and your energy comes back fast also. I just had abdominal surgery and the energy takes a while. Love you lots!!!