Wednesday, August 4, 2010

My mom ROCKS!


Trevor has been gone since early Sunday morning on a business trip to Oregon. My mom offered to stay with me while he was gone. Of course I wanted her to, but I felt bad to make her and I tried not to let her. But she ended up feeding us dinner and coming over every night anyways. Drake had his WORST NIGHT EVER the first night she was here. He woke up about an hour after he went to bed just screaming and terrified. I went in his room and he was SOOOOOOO UPSET! Finally, we ended up going out on the couch to watch T.V. He wouldn't fall asleep no matter what I tried, and was crying on and off all night as I tried to get him to go back to bed. He finally ended up falling asleep on his bedroom floor at 3:30am. I felt so bad because my mom got up at 5:00am to go home to get ready for work. Needless to say, none of us got a lot of sleep that night. The next night was okay and the third night was a little rough again. Me and my mom took turns laying on his floor with him trying to get him to fall asleep. He hasn't let me put him back in his crib and he has been sleeping on the floor. He woke up crying last night and I went in there to find him all the way under his crib. Naps and bedtime have been a nightmare lately. I guess it is time for a big boy bed! Anyways, all I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, MOM!!! You are the best and I would have been lost without you the past 4 days! And I am sure you are more excited about Trevor coming home today than I am- haha!!! I love you!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm as happy as you are that Trevor is coming home! J/K I loved every minute of it...

Whitney said...

What a nice mom you have!! Deb is the best!!