I love walking into the room to see this....... they are my everything!


It has been 1 month since Laynie's lip and nose repair surgery. She has recovered well and I think she looks gorgeous! I can't wait for her to get those nasal stents out though! We had our first real trach scare this weekend with her. Trevor walked her into the house from the car and set her (in her carseat) on our bed. I walked in and started putting all of her stuff away and noticed she was sounding really weird. I looked at her and she wasn't breathing normal. I hurried and got her out of her carseat and she immediately started gagging/choking/gasping for air. She was blue! I took out her trach and blood started gushing out. I hurried and replaced it with a new trach. Then she started to calm down and started to breathe normal. What happened was when Trevor was carrying her in, he stepped on her oxygen tubing, and it pulled on her trach. It came out of place a little bit I guess. The blood stopped fairly quickly and she was fine. I think our heart rates were quite high for awhile though! I was just so glad we were home and not in the car or something. She is such a little trooper to deal with all of the stuff she does! Sometimes I just feel so bad for her, but I know she is so strong and will get through anything. I can't wait for this darn trach to be gone. That will probably be the happiest day of our lives! For now, I am grateful for it and that it allows my little baby to survive! Our doctor told us that if we would have waited one more day to get her trach, then she probably wouldn't be alive. Every time we see him, he says, "I don't think you realize how sick Laynie was and how lucky she is!" I really am SO GRATEFUL for her trach! Sorry for complaining about it!

4 comments:
Don't ever be sorry! We all know how thankful you are for everything that has helped Laynie come this far but that doesn't make these things any less scary or tiresome or make you worry less just because you know they are there to help her. Calyn you are and Trever are SO brave and humble about all of this! Remember you are human too! You can have days of tears, days of complaining, and days of worry as long as your long term outlook remains positive. By small and simple things great things are brought to pass....you are a testament to what Sister Beck spoke about at her conference. You are using all the talents God has given you and your education to bless the lives of your children, your family, and those around you, including me. You are an inspiration!
How scary! of course you knew what to do though, you are such an amazing mom! Laynie looks SO pretty! and that picture of those three on the couch is so cute!
love, Rebekah
Yikes! I can't imagine how scary that was! I'm glad you got it all taken care of quickly and got Laney breathing again.
She does look gorgeous and I don't blame you for wanting those stents out. I HATED those things when Alice had them. Getting those out was one of the happiest days of my life...and I'm sure Alice's too!
Wow! That's scary. She is looking so pretty and happy!
Post a Comment