An amazing CHARGer Ellen shared this poem on her blog and I wanted to share it too. I don't know who the author is. I loved it and I felt it was so true! I only hope and pray this is the way Laynie will feel in the future...
Dear Mommy,
I have felt your tears, falling on my face.
Someone else might think they are tears of sadness, because of what I can't do.
I KNOW DIFFERENT.
I know those tears pour from your heart out of gratitude for me because of what I CAN do: I can love everyone in the purest form possible. I can be judged, but will never judge in return.
I know different because I can feel, in your hugs and kisses, that I'm perfect just the way I am.
I have seen you hang your head down in shame, when we go out on adventures.
Someone else might think you are ashamed of having a child like me.
I KNOW DIFFERENT.
I know you are ashamed of the grown-ups who ignore me, yet talk happily to all the other children. The grown-ups who won't look you in the eye, but stare at me, when they think you don't see. I know different because I've seen the many, many more times you've held your head up high because I'm yours.
I have heard you whisper desperate prayers at night. Someone else might think you are asking God to make me a typical kid.
I KNOW DIFFERENT.
I know you are thanking Him that I got to be here, with you, for another day-exactly how I am. I know different because I have heard you ask me never to leave you. And I have heard you cheer for me, every single day of my life- you tell me I don't need to be typical to be amazing, I just need to be here.
I know you have a big job, taking care of me.
I know that more than anything, you want to hear me say your name.
And I know you worry that you aren't good enough, that you will fail me.
BUT I KNOW DIFFERENT MOMMY...
I know that even on your worst days, you will always be enough for me, and I will always love you more than you know.
This poem is so sweet to me! I really hope that I can do my best to teach Laynie that she is PERFECT just the way she is!
12 comments:
That poem is beautiful. It really was so perfectly written. I know my mom has felt the same way with my sister Kelsey. People don't intend to be mean they are just afraid of what they don't understand. I am so grateful for my sister Kelsey and the blessing she is in my life. Thanks for sharing that poem and yes, I know Laynie will feel that way. You are an incredible mother.
Ok, you got me crying..again! That was a beautiful poem and I am sure you are all of those things to Laynie.
Thanks for sharing, what a great poem.
What a sweet poem! Just the fact that you want and try to be this for her, means you probably already are :) what a wonderful perspective.
Hard to keep the waterworks under control...that is such a sweet poem! I KNOW that you are her everything and I have no doubt that she feels this way about her momma :)
That made me cry. That was so well written. Whoops, I'm still crying. Laynie knows more than most of us and that's the funny part. xoxo
I know that Laynie hand picked her Mamma and couldn't wait to get here to this earth and be with her. Just like I hand picked you! I love you! Love, Mom xoxo
So Beautiful. got me crying from the first line. Thank you for sharing. You are so amazing.
Ok, that is the sweetest poem. I know that Laynie will always feel that way because you are the greatest mom to her. seriously, you amaze me. every time I talk to you about laynie, you are just so confident and in control of everything, and never complaining. Im so glad we are friends!
love, Rebekah
This has me in tears everytime I read it.
Miss Calyn... you are so amazing :) You are, no doubt, the best mom. God chose you to be Laynie's mom for a reason.
Wow, what a beautiful poem!!! It is so true : )
Post a Comment