Sunday, October 16, 2011

Pumpkins, Party, and Pneumonia

Our weekend was busy... It started off great and ended not so great!

I glittered these little pumpkins with my friend Rebekah and my mom and Drake made these adorable Woody and Potato Head pumpkins together while we went to a Halloween Costume Party. We won for BEST COUPLE COSTUME! We dressed up as Nerdy Prom King and Queen. These pictures are pretty scary, so beware!
I think this is the scariest picture I have ever seen. We were laughing so hard at each other that we were having a hard time breathing.

Trevor's outfit had a "loser" sign on his forehead, his shirt hanging out of his zipper, a calculator and pens in his pocket, a light sabor, a fanny pack, a kick me sign on his back, and toilet paper hanging out of his pants.

My outfit included lipstick all over my teeth, glasses, hair clips all over my head, a fanny back, sneakers, my dress tucked into my leggings in the back, and toilet paper hanging out of my leggings.

Laynie went to the party with us and was just fine. She went to bed on Saturday night and spiked a fever. Her fever was high all night and it wouldn't go down even with Tylenol. It was her worst night ever with suctioning. I suctioned her every 5 minutes the ENTIRE night!!! Let's just say neither of us got a lot of sleep! She was so miserable by morning and was very lethargic. I have a stethoscope so I listened to her lungs and they didn't sound great to me. We decided to take her in to the E.R. just to make sure it wasn't pneumonia. She was a lot happier when we were there, but still pretty miserable. They did a chest x-ray and she does have pneumonia. We caught it pretty early so hopefully she will get better quick. Poor girl!

We are very glad that they let us take her home from the hospital. I assured them that I have ALL the equipment and we can take very good care of her at home. And she is MUCH happier when she is home. The doctor said, "Wow, it's been 6 months since her last pneumonia. That is really good." Well, that is not good enough for this mamma. I think 6 years sounds a little better:) Looks like we are going back into hibernation for the rest of winter.....We love you Laynie Bug! Get better!

6 comments:

Afton said...

That breaks my heart. Were are coming this weekend and promise not to bring any germs.

Kevin and Kelly said...

Poor baby:( Just getting through pneumonia over here and it's not fun at all. Praying for a speedy recovery for Laynie and that the rest of the family stays healthy :)

Whitney said...

Oh no!! I'm so sorry. I hope she gets better soon. Let me know if you need anything.
P.S. I love your costumes. So funny!!

Streett's said...

Oh no poor Laynie! I hope she gets better quick! Your costumes are the funniest thing ever!! Awesome pictures!

Kristie said...

1st love the pumpkins. were did they find the woody one? 2nd LOVE the costumes!!! I think you guys look so great! SO FUNNY!! 3rd Poor Laynie I hope she gets better fast. I was telling Jake that she got it and I said, it's just the start of Fall and she already got it. :( Let me know if you need anything.

Lauren Ricks said...

Your costumes are seriously THE BEST!!!! So funny! Hang in there little Laynie.