I am thankful for our nurse Holly!
She comes 3 times a week so we can get some sleep, and then 2 days for a couple of hours so I can run errands. It is so wonderful! Holly fits in our family perfect and I couldn't think of anyone better. Laynie loves her and I know that she loves Laynie (which is so important to me). We didn't have a night nurse for awhile, because it is a little weird having someone in your house while you are sleeping. After I just couldn't survive anymore, I finally gave it a try. It has been the biggest blessing in the world. I wish sleep wasn't required, but since it is, Holly makes our lives a lot easier. I would be so lost without her. When we first brought Laynie home from the hospital after she got her trach, we didn't have nursing for awhile, and it was 5 weeks before I left the house (not even to go to the gas station). I have no clue how I did that without literally pulling out my hair. Now Trevor is a pro and he can watch her. I look forward to spending quality time with Drake and getting out of the house twice a week. But on the other hand, I dream about the day I can take Laynie anywhere (without worrying about her getting sick and without all the equipment). We do go a few places, but we are limited. I am so grateful for Holly to work a crazy schedule and help us out! Although we love Holly, I am very excited for the time to come when we don't NEED her anymore!
No comments:
Post a Comment