Tuesday, November 20, 2012

19 and 20

 19. I am thankful for my in-laws. I certainly married into an awesome family!!! My mother-in-law and father-in-law are so kind and giving. They are always there when I need them to watch Drake, and Drake's favorite thing to do is go to McDonald's with Grandma Maureen, they doggie-sit and never complain about it, they provide enormous amounts of food whenever we go over there, they host the best backyard pool parties in the summer, and they are such a good example to Trevor and I. And I am one lucky lady if Trevor turns out like his dad.
 
20. I am so thankful for progress, Laynie's progress to be more specific. It is so amazing to see how far she has come. Even some of her doctor's are shocked if they haven't seen her for awhile to see how far she has come. To see these pictures of her in her first few months of life is crazy. She was still only 6 lbs when she was 2 months old (and she started out at 5lbs 13oz).  She was so incredibly sick for her first 2 months of life. When someone hears that she has had 13 surgeries, has a trach, is on oxygen 24 hrs a day, is 100% tube fed, uses a ventilator at night, and is deaf........ I would assume they would think that she would be largely effected by everything and would be hugely delayed. It is amazing that she is where she is today. Yes, she is delayed in certain areas, but it really is a miracle that she has come so far. She knows about 50 signs, she can work my iphone and play games, she copies whatever her brother does, she can get wherever she wants, she can walk along furniture, and she is close to walking independently. I am so impressed with her progress and I am so thankful she has the mental capabilities, strength, desire, and fiery attitude to work hard at what she wants.
Her progress is truly inspiring!!!



1 comment:

Streett's said...

Loving your thankful posts! I agree that Laynie is truly inspiring! Love the picture of her walking the mall especially!